• Antivirus: All desktops should have the latest antivirus to protect them from viruses and worms.
• Sharing: Sharing of folder on the local desktop should not allowed.
• Patches/Security Updates: Desktops should be with latest security patches/Updates.
• USB, Bluetooth: All USB (for storage media) ports, CD drive, Infrared, Bluetooth ports should be disabled.
• Utilities: User should be provided with utilities that are required to fulfill business purpose Information Dynamics, otherwise be disabled.
• Only licensed software application should be installed on desktops.
3.5. Technical Compliance Checking Guidelines
• The downtime required for the compliance check should be discussed & agreed.
• The live data & customer data should not be accessed by the auditors;
• The on production server should be agreed upon prior carrying out the check;
• Access organizational audit tools should be restricted. The access should only be given after an approval from ISM.
3.6. Log Review Guidelines
• Monitoring all system should be carried out periodically and necessary action should be taken on incidents identified through analysis.
• Transactions/event logs of and mail logs should be backed up.
• All the operational should be reported to HOD IT & Infrastructure.
• of Routers and Switches be reviewed. In case any incident is identified the of the same should saved further investigation.
• Logs of other network should be reviewed through Network Management System.
• All Administrator logs should be reviewed by Head IT Infrastructure.
• The of unsuccessful attempt on all application monitored, and investigated.
• Records of these monitoring should be maintained.
3.7. Code Protection Guidelines: